Playlist won't play the song

joffy

Playlist won't play the song

Postby joffy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:35 pm

I am using DMX+AV version 3.021. I have made several timelines, each is one song. They all play back perfectly every time, from the timeline. However when I placed them into a playlist for a party, Most of the songs didn't play. The light show performed, the time ticked away, but there was no sound. If I slide the playback slider in any direction, the sound comes on, but the next song acts the same way, muted until the scroll button is moved. I played for hours trying to find a pattern to the behavior. It seems to have more success playing from the bottom of the list to the top, by either using the 'PREV' button or by double clicking the song above, rather than playing the next song as it's supposed to.

Ashley

Re: Playlist won't play the song

Postby Ashley » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:38 pm

I apologize for the trouble you are having. I have submitted your problem to our engineers. Could you send your project files to support@venuemagic.com so we can take a look? In the meantime I would recommend playing your timeline as Cue Buttons on the same foreground level, setup to "Queue for Later Playback." That way you can put them up in the Cuelist and have them playback in order.

ArthurBem

Postby ArthurBem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:57 am

Is this issue fixed at this point, Ashley? I'd love to know if it is or not before I decide to switch to this software.

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:28 am

I asked for his project files so we could figure out what the problem was, but we never received them.
We have many other customers using the playlist without this issue.