Export project

krbesig

Export project

Postby krbesig » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm using VenueMagic DMX +AV 2.6 and need to have a backup system on a second laptop. My project contains more than 30 timelines, each with multiple audio and lamp tracks. I thought I could easily back up the project to an external drive but the Export Project option in the file menu is always grayed out. Is this just not yet implemented? If so, is there any other way to back up a large project for transfer to another laptop?

Ashley

Re: Export project

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:59 pm

The export project feature is for exporting to customized hardware and is only available in VenueMagic SC+. It only works with specific hardware such as Weigl and Simon Kaloi.

The best way to export projects is to keep all the files for a specific project(ie, timelines, playlists, audio files etc) in a single project folder (perhaps with the same name as your project). That way all you need to do is copy the folder to your backup machine.

emoryje

Postby emoryje » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 pm

If you have saved several of your projects not using similar project names as someone implied, is there a suggestion someone can give to correct the issues? e.g. save as functions to help go back and organize my files better? I do cut sound clips that I hate to go back and re-import etc. I currently have to look into each timeline's components and see what the soundtrack's real name is via it' s properties. Loooong winded sometimes.

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:01 am

The best way to do this is to copy the project file (.vmp) onto an external harddrive (or a different computer running VenueMagic), then open it. VenueMagic will ask you where each file is. You can then copy the file into the external harddrive, as VenueMagic asks for it.

You can then organize however you wish.

BenDela

Postby BenDela » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:53 am

The best way to export projects is to keep all the files for a specific project(ie, timelines, playlists, audio files etc) in a single project folder (perhaps with the same name as your project). That way all you need to do is copy the folder to your backup machine.
Thanks for the advice Ashley, I did this and it made the export much easier.
These online bingo sites are well reviewed.

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm

You are very welcome :D

allenhuffman

Postby allenhuffman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 am

We kept our haunt stuff in one master file, divided in to Audio, Video, etc. subdirectories. When we moved it to a new computer, we found VenueMagic would complain about a file it could not find, then once you browsed to it, it would find all the rest in the same path. Very useful. (Thus, why we now put all audio files in one folder rather than splitting them out like we used to do - Music, SoundEffects, Narration, etc.).
Allen Huffman
PO Box 7634 - Urbandale, Iowa 50323
http://www.subethasoftware.com
Arduino and VenueMagic programmer, audio/video designer for haunted attractions and more.