U`King ZQ-B55 (RGBW, 8 channel)

allenhuffman

U`King ZQ-B55 (RGBW, 8 channel)

Postby allenhuffman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

This is a very cheap (around $12) RGBW made-in-China light available on e-Bay and, at a highest cost, Amazon:

http://www.ukingstagelights.com/index.p ... duct_id=49

It has 8 channels:

CH1 - "Macro Function" - A1, A2, A3, A4, and A5. These seem to be preset patterns.
CH2 - Color. Preset colors.
CH3 - Speed. I believe this controls the "Macro Function" patterns.
CH4 - Master Dimming
CH5 - Red
CH6 - Green
CH7 - Blue
CH8 - White

I have about 12 of these lights and have a simple fixture set up in VenueMagic for what I needed, but before I submit, I'd like advice on what I should be doing with CH 1-3. There may be more appropriate channel types than what I am using.

Also, I wasn't sure how to handle White, so I made it its own Level. I only needed the RGB for my use, so I just threw the other channels in, but it would be nice to make this available.
Attachments
UKing.png
UKing.png (18.18 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
Allen Huffman
PO Box 7634 - Urbandale, Iowa 50323
http://www.subethasoftware.com
Arduino and VenueMagic programmer, audio/video designer for haunted attractions and more.

Ashley

Re: U`King ZQ-B55 (RGBW, 8 channel)

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Mode is only used in cases where there is a DMX channel that effects how other channels work. Once you set the mode value (by double clicking on the name), VenueMagic forces the fixture to always remain at that value. You wouldn't want to use it here.

Here is a bit from the manual about Modes:
A Mode channel type is used to define a specific operating mode for the fixture.
Quite often, changing the mode in the fixture will also change the channel configuration of the fixture, including the number of channels and their purpose. The way that VenueMagic deals with multi-mode fixtures is by requiring that a separate fixture be added for each mode. After adding the mode channel, you can edit it to set the mode value.

For color, you should use "Color Wheel"
For Macros you should use a "Selector"

I don't know what to do about the speed for you device, I need some more information. If you could send a copy of your manual I can take a closer look. You can add an attachment to a post here or send the manual to support@venuemagic.com

allenhuffman

Postby allenhuffman » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks, Ashley.

Is it possible to edit and change Mode? Or do you have to delete and start over?
Allen Huffman
Arduino and VenueMagic programmer, audio/video designer for haunted attractions and more.

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:19 pm

You can not make changes to a fixture that you have already added to your timeline. You need to make a copy of the fixture file, give it a new name, and then make your changes.

You can then double click on "Mode" to change its value. Or you can add another Channel and use "Ordering" to take the Mode channel's place and delete the Mode channel.

allenhuffman

Postby allenhuffman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:26 pm

You can not make changes to a fixture that you have already added to your timeline. You need to make a copy of the fixture file, give it a new name, and then make your changes.

You can then double click on "Mode" to change its value. Or you can add another Channel and use "Ordering" to take the Mode channel's place and delete the Mode channel.
Nothing was added to my timeline. I was trying to edit it in the Fixture editor, and was unable to. I ended up adding new channels, moving them to where they needed to be, and deleting the old ones.

I am still on the previous major release of VM. Is editing something that was enhanced in 3.0?
Allen Huffman

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am

If you are using VenueMagic 2.x you should not have any trouble with that. Can I do a screensharing session with you so I can see what is going on? please email support@venuemagic.com so we can set that up.

allenhuffman

Postby allenhuffman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks, Ashley... I'll just attach a screen shot. It lets me edit, but doesn't let me change the Channel Type (only edit settings for the existing Channel Type). Is there a way I could have changed something I put in as Selector to become Color Wheel or whatever?
Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.44.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.44.55 PM.png (43.22 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
Allen Huffman

Ashley

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Oh, I apologize, I misunderstood your question. Yes, once you put in a channel you can not change it's type, you can edit the selections inside of it, you can rearrange it in the channel order, but you can not change it's type. I would recommend adding another channel, setting it up the way you want it and then using "Ordering" to take the old channel's place, then remove the old channel. Does that make sense?

May I ask why you want to change the type?

allenhuffman

Postby allenhuffman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Oh, I apologize, I misunderstood your question. Yes, once you put in a channel you can not change it's type, you can edit the selections inside of it, you can rearrange it in the channel order, but you can not change it's type. I would recommend adding another channel, setting it up the way you want it and then using "Ordering" to take the old channel's place, then remove the old channel. Does that make sense?

May I ask why you want to change the type?
Because Ashley told me which types I should be using ;-)
Allen Huffman